Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Leaving a Legacy

I'm finally getting around to journaling my youngest son's first ceremony.

The weakest link in the chain of these "rights of passage" I've been doing with my boys is the capturing on paper(or computer) of what we did, how it went, and most importantly the feelings
and impact it made on us.

My hope is that writing it up will encourage and inspire other dads as well as be a lasting keepsake for my boys...something that will be a legacy they can share with their kids someday.

Robert Lewis makes this point by using the Legacy Album. Another approach I've seen is Letters from Dad.

If/when I finish journalling, I'll post it here.

In the meantime, here is a picture of my youngest son after the ceremony holding the rock he received as an object lesson as well as a filled in Manhood Ceremony Plan that reflects what we actually did:

No comments: