Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Thursday, March 12, 2009

Better Dads

It is really exciting to see the "next generation" of authors beginning to write about being strategic in raising sons & daughters with a core of moral substance.

While I will always go back to the founding fathers of this genre (Robert Lewis, Steve Farrar, Stu Weber), it is nice to hear new voices too.

While I haven't yet read his books, Rick Johnson looks very promising as one of those new voices. From his website:

I believe families, communities, and our society can grow stronger when parents begin to realize the unique power and influence we have in the lives of our sons and daughters. This goal is reflected both in the books I've written and through Better Dads, a fathering skills ministry that now equips both men and women to become better parents, spouses, and leaders.

I hope to soon read his book Better Dads, Stronger Sons: How Fathers Can Guide Boys to Become Men of Character. I'll post a review as soon as possible...in the meantime here's his website:

No comments: