Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Father, Son Reach Everest Summit

This is an old article, but I just stumbled on it. The big headline here is "the youngest American to successfully scale Mount Everest", but to me the kicker is that he did it with his dad: side-by-side.

I have no desire to climb Everest (or any peak where death may be involved for that matter) and no delusions that I will ever achieve a goal of this magnitude, but I couldn't help but think about spiritual parallels of this achievement...

Are we with our sons as they scale the "peaks" in their lives? Are we walking side-by-side with them into high spiritual ground? Instead of Generation Everest are we aiming for Generational Manhood?!

No comments: