Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What's a Dad Worth


I don't know about you, but sometimes I need some "dad encouragement". Yes, I know I play a pivotal role in my kid's lives...but sometimes I don't feel like it. I get the impression the "machine" would keep rolling on without me.

Here's a nice little article that reminds us how we dads are different and why it is important. Also, that strategic time with our kids is invaluable:


Fortunately men today know how valuable they are to their children. The most recent studies show that dads spend 33 percent more time with their kids than their counterparts 20 years earlier... When you combine workdays and weekends, men today spend an average of two to three hours a day engaged with their young children - far more than the oft-cited figure of 12 minutes a day...

But just punching in on the family clock isn't the whole story. "Presence means more than simply being there, ...A father who is engaged can be deeply vested in his children, even when he is absent."

No comments: