Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Balancing Football Season and Fatherhood

Man am I glad college football season is over! After years of putting it on the back-burner, this year I was really into it...probably because my alma matter won the National Championship last year.

Anyway, I could really see the time drain and some effects on my wife and kids this year. And now with the NFL playoffs (I don't watch the NFL regular season) on us, I am further torn.

Here's a short, humorous article from a dad with similar issues and his creative solution.

Tivo has helped me a little to reduce the time involved. Anyone have any other suggestions on balancing fatherhood and football?

iParenting - Children Today - Football Dad - Balancing Football Season and Fatherhood

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Tivo or any good DVR can significantly reduce your football time. We have a DVR with our Dish Network and it's great for skipping the commercials and even the stuff between plays. If you record an entire game, you can watch it in about 30-45 minutes. We're Colts fans here in Indy, so we ALL watch the games and it turns out to be family time.