Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Monday, December 10, 2007

Strategic Fathering

If you had to boil down the essence of what I as a father am trying to do with my kids, and what I hope to encourage through this ministry in providing resources for other men, the two word phrase I would use is "Strategic Fathering".

Sure, we are providing good things for our kids...reacting to issues as they arrive, showing up for sports events and recitals because they're on the calendar, answering questions about life and spiritual matters as they come up, etc. But I'm talking about giving them the best things...intentionally following a plan of action, working with them to find their strengths, taking up the mantle of spiritual leader of the household, etc.

In the process of strategically fathering our children, something else happens as well. Our Heavenly Father strategically fathers us!

I believe it begins with us allowing the Father to love us as sons, getting to that place where we hear Him call our name, knowing the pleasure He takes in us.


Check out this website which seems to capture and expound on the fact that this journey is as much about growing us up as it is about growing our kids up.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I'm reading a book right now that has this line:

"The good is always the enemy of the best."

I liked that a lot.

Brandon Price
www.brandonandkatie.com

Unknown said...

Dave...thanks for the mention of my site! May God bless you and all your efforts for the Kingdom.
In Him,
Jay

www.strategicfathering.com