Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Monday, December 6, 2010

I Did Not Save the World Today

Ok, it's pretty obvious that I did not save the world today. Did I even think I could?

It sounds silly to say, but sometimes I think in the back of my mind I think I should. I've even caught myself saying it as a response to my wife and her innocent inquiry into how my day went:

"How was your day, honey?"

"Well, I didn't save the world today...."

Sometimes I live my life like I think it is possible...

Sometimes I think it is required of me: being the best husband, father, friend, coach, church member, employee, etc., etc., etc.,

The reality is there is only one Savior of the world...and He has already done it. Any echo of that in me, is Him in me!

Here's a song by a Christian folk singer I just discovered (and now love!) that really hit me hard..."up side the head" hard. He pretty much sums it up. Make sure you listen to the chorus. This one's going on my iPod!

Did Not Save the World Today | Allen Levi Song - Yahoo! Music

No comments: