Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Tuesday, October 16, 2007

G.I. "No" Joe


I have to admit that I never was a big G.I. Joe fan when I was a kid...I kind of missed out on that whole thing. Likewise, my boys are into Star Wars, Legos, and Heroscape...so there is no Joe in our house. However, even I can tell that the politically correct have gone too far on this one!

No longer will G.I. Joe be a U.S. Special Forces soldier, the "Real American Hero" who, in his glory days, single-handedly won World War II. In the politically correct new millennium, G.I. Joe bears no resemblance to the original.

Paramount has confirmed that in the movie, the name G.I. Joe will become an acronym for "Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity" — an international, coed task force charged with defeating bad guys. It will no longer stand for government issued, as in issued by the American government.


1 comment:

Brandon said...

I am preparing a Biblical Manhood study series and would like to ask you some questions. Would you mind visiting the site below and contacting me through the "About Us" page. (Don't want to just list my e-mail address right here.)

Thanks,
Brandon Price
www.brandonandkatie.com