Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Friday, October 12, 2007

Forging Ahead: Apprenticeship

Here is a good article from the Home School Court Report on the HSLDA website. It touches on an issue I have been thinking about a lot with my oldest son being a high school sophomore: apprenticeship. Even though I have a "high tech" job and hope that they will attend college, I think it would be beneficial for my boys to be exposed to labor trades and gain some practical vocational experience as well.

This article gives some history about apprenticeships in our country, explains what a modern apprenticeship looks like, and gives some practical tips on how to assess if it is the right thing for your child and how to find one if so. It has a homeschool slant, but really could apply to any high schooler.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I just want you to know that I absolutely love your site. I noticed you rarely get comments, but I've got you on my RSS feed reader and look you up every time you add something new. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Brandon Price
www.brandonandkatie.com