Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fathers & Daughters: Polished Cornerstones

It's time once again to make a post about a daddy/daughter resource. The fact that I have to specifically point it out sadly speaks volumes. You see, our house is a "boy house".


If you don't know what I mean by that (or for that matter that such a designation existed), you're probably in one. It took me a long time to appreciate (after being reminded repeatedly by my wife and daughter) what exactly being in a "boy house" entails.

Suffice it to say that with three boys in the home, my lone daughter feels the implications daily, while I have a tendency to forget...only to occasionally be jarred out of my stupor.

Here's a book that promises to help me stay aware:


As we look across the landscape of Christian families and Christian homes, there is one relationship which has been universally forgotten and forsaken -- that of fathers and daughters. God designed it to be one of the most beautiful and powerful relationships that we can experience. As we seek to see the Godly family restored, we must not ignore the special bond that God creates between every girl and her daddy. DAVID BARRETT, and his twenty-one year old daughter, ELYSSE BARRETT, want to see Christian families be all that God designed for them to be...and it starts with the restoration of a father's heart towards his daughter and a daughter towards her father! (Malachi 4:6)




No comments: