Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Thursday, April 2, 2009

Epic Reality

I've always tenuously recommended John Eldredge's stuff. I have heard and read the many arguments that his ideas are "radical" and that he tends toward "open theism".

If I take his books as just another Christian guy sharing his story and not as a theological treatise, I find that his works are inspiring and encouraging.

His latest book is no different. Here he explores an idea that popped up a lot in his previous books: that we are living our lives as part of a grand story along the lines of the "epic" movies he so often references (The Matirx, Gladiator, Braveheart, etc).

He suggests that our lives have purpose and meaning and that we realize that meaning as we participate in the story God is telling...none other than the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

This is a easy yet inspiring read, and I can't help but feel it might be a good way to share the gospel with certain people in my life. I recommend this book.

Here is a cool website that goes along with the book:

No comments: