Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Makes a Good Father? Sons.



Here's a well written article by a father of three boys who did not have a strong manly influence in his life. He succinctly captures in a few paragraphs several thing so many of us fathers can't seem to put into words, but struggle with constantly.


What I'm discovering is that as I try to guide these ornery, wild-hearted little boys toward manhood, they are helping me become a better man, too. I love my sons without measure, and I want them to have the father I did not. As I stumble and sometimes fail, as I feign an interest in camping and construction and bugs, I become something better than I was.


No comments: