Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Thursday, August 28, 2008

Respect

I'm teaching a class at our homeschool co-op again this year...my 4th grader insisted I teach one of his classes! (since I have taught for his older brother and sister in the past)

I needed to come up with some class rules to share the first day and the typical "raise your hand before talking" and "don't touch your neighbors belongings" just weren't cutting it, so I dug a little deeper.

Basically it seems like those rules all come down to respect:

re·spect
tr.v. re·spect·ed, re·spect·ing, re·spects
1. To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.
2. To avoid violation of or interference with.
3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.

So, I formulated our class rules using the KISS principle:
  1. Respect God
  2. Respect the Teacher
  3. Respect Each Other
That pretty much covers anything that could happen in a classroom. For that matter, with a small tweak that covers everything in a home as well.

Now, the sticky point comes in the enforcement of the rules....

No comments: