Providing resources for assisting like-minded fathers in understanding and performing their God-given responsibilities in fatherhood


Tuesday, July 15, 2008

He put it into your heart first

Do you think you love your children better than He who made them? Is not your love what it is because He put it into your heart first? Have you not often been cross with them? Sometimes unjust to them? Whence came the returning love that rose from unknown depths in your being, and swept away the anger and the injustice? You did not create that love. Probably you were not good enough to send for it by prayer. But it came. God sent it. He makes you love your children.

-George MacDonald

1 comment:

Mr. E said...

I am so glad my wife and I have taught my children that God loves them much more that we ever could; there may be times when I am not the "best daddy ever" when I think my kids may question my love for them, but I never want them to question the love of God!